Friday, November 21, 2008

Do you have a favorite child?

Romans 2:11, For God does not show favoritism.

In a burning fire which child would you save? Startling question Huh? This was the talk on a radio show this morning. People were calling and commenting on the answer. Would you have a preference in your children over who to rescue first? Do you have a favorite? Some offered heated comments and others were compassionate in their statement. I can not imagine having to make such a choice. I can not even hypothetically answer it as they were on the radio. However, it did make me stop and think. The fact is, I love all of my children and would give my life for them. Hmm. Give my life.. wow.. I could not stand the thought of having to chose one child over the other. That is impossible and I would give my life trying to save them all.

The way I feel about my children is exactly how God feels about His and then some. God has no favorites when it comes to loving His children. He plans to take care of them all. He has the great rescue plan for His children and it is Jesus. Jesus Christ is for us all. He chose us and gave His life so that we all could live. What he will do for one, He will do for all. God is not a respecter of persons, and He has no favorites. We are all the apple of God's eye. He loves us all the same and willingly gave life in order for us to be saved.

In all honesty, we know that we would do absolutely anything to save our children. That is a big price. Most of us would not hesitate to go in a burning house after our kids. Think of the cross and what He did for you. Jesus did not hesitate to do what He came to earth for. He came to seek and save the lost with his life. Do you feel the love? Do you feel like a favorite being that when He went to the cross He did it especially for you? Enjoy the love of being a child of God today. Know that God gave His all so that you may live. He rescued you from the burning fire of hell when He gave His life. Will you choose Jesus today?

Hug a child today and celebrate life!
Lesia

Scripture reference: John 3: 16-17, Psalm 17: 8, Luke 20:21

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you choose Jesus today? I love that question!

RHONDA said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT...WHEN I WAS PREG WITH KERRIGAN..I COULD NOT IMAGINE LOVING ANYONE AS MUCH AS I LOVED PRESLEE..WELL A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME SHE HAD THAT PROBLEM TOO BUT WHEN THE 2ND CHILD WAS BORN...SHE ASKED HERSELF THE SAME QUESTION ..AND IT WAS THE SAME..SHE COULD NOT CHOOSE..AND OF COURSE I FEEL THE SAME WAY WITH ALL THREE OF MY CHILDREN..I WOULD PROBALLY DIE MYSELF TRYING TO SAVE THEM ALL..AND I KNOW THAT GOD DID JUST THAT..HE SENT HIS SON JESUS WHO DIED FOR ALL OF US.....

Live Free!

So, if the Sons sets you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36