Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What are you doing?

There is never enough time in the day. Time passes by and we ponder what we did today and why time passes so quickly. Some of the most popular time phrases we use are , "I didn't have time" or "If I only had more time, I could......" You could do what? Get busier doing stuff that doesn't matter or would you slow down and seek things that matter? In conversations with women, I often hear the comment "I don't have time". For example, I don't have time to read my Bible or listen to teaching tapes. In other words, what is really being said is that, There is no time to grow in the Lord or seek what He desires." Another great example is, "I don't have time for me." We don't have time to take care of the body(temple) that God has given us. Basically, We set our own agenda with what time we have. We are given 24 hours in a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year to do what we need to do. If we can not accomplish things then we must evaluate our schedule and life The truth is that we do have all the time we need; we just choose to use it in a different way.

With all that said I ask you, " What are you focusing on?" Where are your priorities? Are you putting God first or does He just fit in whenever you get to Him? Sad to say, but sometimes He does not fit in at all and then we wonder why our life is the way it is. We complain about our schedules when we made them to start with. Did we ever consult God about what we needed to do and how to use our time?

I hope I have stirred a little fire in you today. Check yourself. What are you doing with your time and what are you focusing on? Do you feel as though you are sinking in the quick sand with no one throwing you a rope? I am here to throw the rope at you today! I challenge you to slow down, talk to God, and get focused. Change your schedule after asking God to help you manage your life and have a focus. Let the Holy Spirit lead you on a more focused life accomplishing the plans He has for you. Take time to draw near to God and He will draw near to you. He will show you how to focus and better manage your life. Make Him the manager and you become the assistant to your life.

You must first go to God....... ask for direction, be teachable and then walk it out. I ask the question again, What are you focused on?

More to come on focus.... Get focused as you draw near to God.

James 4: 8.. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...

Blessings,
Lesia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to really watch my "time". I have to pay really close attention to what I give my time to. I fall off of the "focus wagon" easily sometimes!

RHONDA said...

I DECIDED THIS MORNING TO ASK GOD TO GIVE ME FOCUS ..LIKE YOU SAID LAST NIGHT.. SO TODAY I AM WALKING IN WHAT GOD HAS FOR ME.

LOVE YA

Live Free!

So, if the Sons sets you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36