Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yell Help!

God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in times of trouble. Psalms 46:1


The alarm sounds, and my feet hit the floor as I groan at what is before me. It’s time to get my three children up and ready for school. As the morning progresses, and we get ready to run out the door, the chaos escalates. One has on no shoes and another is still brushing her hair. I know that you mothers can relate to this moment. Frustration rises and I feel as if a fuse is about to blow! I don’t understand why it has to be chaotic. Suddenly, as I rushed around, I recalled a certain verse that teaches me to yell “help” in times of trouble. Instead of yelling at the kids I called, “Help me, Lord“. I felt such a calming sensation of peace come over me. We survived the chaos and none of us blew a fuse!

God is our ever present help in times of trouble no matter what the situation is. He is concerned with helping me get the kids to school: no need to get frustrated. Often times we only look to God for help in what we consider big issues or problems. Be encouraged that God is concerned with even our smallest frustration.


Dear Lord,

Thank you that we are blessed with life. May we learn to call on you in all situations. Help us Lord, through our daily routines of life. In Jesus name, Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT..WE NEED GOD IN THE LITTLE THINGS.. I LIKE YOUR BLOG..KEEP IT UP..
LOVE YA
RHONDA

Live Free!

So, if the Sons sets you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36