Thursday, October 16, 2008

Are you an imitator?

Ephesians 5: 1 Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children.

One Sunday after church my kids were sharing about children’s church. My 6 year old son had led prayer in front of all the children using a microphone. “ That’s great!” I exclaimed. I tried asking him what he prayed and before he could answer my daughter rolled out a response. With excitement she said, “Mommy, he sounded like you praying.” Wow! With tears in my eyes I was reminded that they do listen and watch what I do.

The scripture, “Be imitators of God,” comes to mind when thinking about my children‘s conversation. As children of God we need to focus on what our Heavenly Father does and copy Him. Just as children have their eyes and ears on what we say and do; we need to keep focused on God. We, as Christians, need to be imitators of God so that those watching us will imitate God by our example.

Are you imitating God today? Stop and think of who is watching you and copying what you do. Be encouraged in imitating God to be the best you can be.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Help me to see you in truth and to imitate everything about you. Lead and guide me to be Christ like in everything that I do. May I produce good so those that are watching me can see You in all that I do. In Jesus name. Amen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I'm imitating God. Sometimes my son will say something to me that will let me know that I'm atleast enstilling the right things in him.

Cindy said...

I know I don't always imitate God...I just can't seem to get the flesh in order sometimes especially when it's provoked. :~} But God knows I try, and I am constantly bugging Him about helping me with that! You don't realize who is watching you (that's scary to know, I might not do everthing just right)... so I ask for help from above, and He refines and purifies me and it hurts soooo bad! :-}.
Lord, help me to be an imitator of You!
thanks for the reminder...Cindy

waldrop306 said...

I am trying my best to be an imitator of God. If we imitate anyone in life it should be him! If more people would imitate God.....we would have it so easy!! I love reading your blogs!! Thanks for being my walking partner also!! :)

Live Free!

So, if the Sons sets you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36