Monday, October 27, 2008

Honor


1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; therefore honor God with your body.

I am on the First Place Journey of changing my lifestyle. I am seeking God's direction on a healthy lifestyle of eating and exercise. I have a weight loss goal however, my main motive is to be healthy and live well. God calls us to take care of our temple and we are given one lifetime to care for it properly. God has completely changed my mindset in this area of my life. Since, I am nearing 40 I guess it could be said that I was in the wilderness of carelessness for 40 years. Thank God He is bringing me out!

I challenge you to examine your lifestyle and seek first the kingdom of God and then all other things will be added unto you. (see Mathew 6:26)

Scriptures to read: Isaiah 1: 17-19, Luke 12: 24-31, 1 Corinthians 10:23 & 31
I am writing a new Bible Study on living a healthy lifestyle. I'll be posting some of it on my blog. Be sure to read the previous posts, " Short term pleasure" as well.

Lesia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go girlfriend I will be cheering you on.. For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word of God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment Luke 1:37

Live Free!

So, if the Sons sets you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36