Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The cliff dive experience

When I am afraid I will trust in you. Psalms 56:3, NIV

Up the 7 flights of stairs my son and I climbed to the top of the cliff dive slide at the water park. I moved nervously in to the wading pool at the start of the slide. I sat down staring into a green, dark, circular tube in which the end could not be seen. I progressed to make my way forward through the tube anticipating the big drop in a about 20 feet or so. Wrong! Suddenly, I slowed down and then stopped! I could not get going again. I found myself working my way forward as if I were an inch worm trying to escape the bird chasing me. I began to feel the green tube closing in and there seemed to be no water flowing. I could tell my breathing was getting faster and my heart rate was increasing. I did the only thing I knew to do as I inched forward. I prayed! Jesus get me out! I am afraid! I knew that my 6 foot, 150 lb. teenager was right behind me. I could just see him sailing right over the top of me and pushing me over the edge. Not a good feeling.

As I moved forward at a slow rate of pace, I continued to pray and call to Jesus for help. I had to rely on Jesus in that moment because anxiety was taking over! I was afraid! Just in time, I reached the end of the tube and quickly took a fast feet-first dive to the bottom. Thank you Lord! Once again He came through for me! I can always trust Jesus no matter what kind of stuff I get myself into. No more cliff dives for me!

Dear Lord, Thank you that I can always call on you when I am afraid. Lead me to trust you and depend on you in every circumstance. When I am afraid I will trust you. Amen.

No comments:

Live Free!

So, if the Sons sets you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36